Resolved to pray as a first response, not a last resort.
4 This is what the Lord Almighty, the God of Israel, says to all those I carried into exile from Jerusalem to Babylon: 5 “Build houses and settle down; plant gardens and eat what they produce. 6 Marry and have sons and daughters; find wives for your sons and give your daughters in marriage, so that they too may have sons and daughters. Increase in number there; do not decrease. 7 Also, seek the peace and prosperity of the city to which I have carried you into exile. Pray to the Lord for it, because if it prospers, you too will prosper.”
We invite you to join us each day in prayer from Monday, June 27 – Friday, July 1.
Below you will find a theme for each day with prayer prompts and specific prayer requests.
You can also join us to pray daily on Zoom from 6:30am-7:00am at the link below.
*Meeting ID: 879 4158 6908
Check Out these REsources
DAY ONE: Prayers of Thanks & Praise
- Thank God for His sovereignty over all things. Praise Him that we can have confidence in His promises.
- Thank God for specific acts of faithfulness in our lives and the life of our Church.
19 Then Daniel praised the God of heaven 20 and said: “Praise be to the name of God for ever and ever; wisdom and power are his. 21 He changes times and seasons; he deposes kings and raises up others. He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. 22 He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in darkness, and light dwells with him. 23 I thank and praise you, God of my ancestors: You have given me wisdom and power, you have made known to me what we asked of you, you have made known to us the dream of the king.
• We are thankful and appreciate our partnership together as churches very much.
• So encouraging to hear about the prayer week you have planned. We appreciate your partnership in ministry.
• We are privileged to work alongside your church in this local mission field!
• I have been so encouraged by Grace Church in Ohio – thank you for faithfully living out the Gospel in your community and raising up such incredible students! I praise God for you all!
DAY TWO: Pray for Wisdom
- Seek God for wisdom in how to best navigate cultural tensions you see in our world and in your workplace/school setting.
- Ask God to give us wisdom as a Church to be full of grace and truth within our community.
• Join me each day as I pray for wisdom, patience and leading the city in a Christlike manner.
• The Bible teaches us about loving our neighbors without qualification. Pray for wisdom in how to navigate this in the midst of social strife.
• Prayers for wisdom in how to be effective in making disciples and living to love people to life in today’s shifting culture.
DAY THREE: Pray for Global, National, & Local Leaders
- Pray for those in leadership over nations and governments here and around the world.
1 Timothy 2:1-4
• Pray for the leaders in our community, as well as our schools and our youth.
Local Police Chiefs:
• Prayers for wisdom, patience, grace and for the safety of our officers would be greatly appreciated.
DAY FOUR: Pray for Boldness & Resolve
- Pray that God would enable His people to speak with grace and truth and profess the Gospel of Jesus with boldness.
- Pray that God would allow our words to be seasoned with salt.
- Pray that God would enable us and empower us to live good lives, so that our character would not compromise our message.
- Pray for local churches within our community.
- Pray for our Local Ministry Partners.
Cups Café, Forge Gaming, Fostering Family Ministries, Love Inc, National School Project, Oasis of Hope, RAHAB, Reclaim, Safe Families
• We’d ask that you join us in praying that our church would increasingly be faithful to the Word of God in letting the Word of Christ richly dwell with us (Col 3:16) and in being faithful ambassadors for Jesus Christ (2 Cor 5:20).
• First and foremost, that we would be a church that exalts God, honors the whole Word of God, advances the Gospel of Jesus Christ and authentically loves people; For an increase in people coming to Christ and getting water baptized; For effective discipleship that helps people find deep transformational change (freedom from the past, Spirit’s empowerment, finding purpose & calling); We would collectively be faithful and fruitful in the mission and vision God has given us. That we would be the best version that we can be, loving people well; For a wider more passionate outward focus, to be a blessing to our community at large; We would be genuinely healthy at the core and life-giving in our expression.
• We would appreciate prayers for continued unity in our congregation and that God would use us to continue reaching and serving our community with the love of Jesus!
• My deepest prayers have to do with truly ‘making disciples.’ As disciples follow Jesus closely, they have an impact on those around them, and our community is impacted with the love of Jesus. Our mission statement is “We live to love people to life!”, please pray for our congregation and me, that we can do that well.
• Thank you for praying for Oasis of Hope. Please pray – That everything that is said and done here at Oasis would glorify God. That everyone who needs us in Medina County and surrounding areas would know about Oasis and be drawn to the Center. That we serve those that come through our doors well! That we always see them as those made in God’s Image – worthy and deserved to be honored. That God gives us continued wisdom and discernment on how best to serve those in our community. That more babies would be saved through our efforts and more lives would be yielded over to Jesus Christ than ever before! That we would have more people and churches supporting us financially to continue this work. That God would continue to call just the right people to step out in faith to volunteer here at Oasis of Hope. For the Center’s clients, volunteers, staff & board to be protected from the evil schemes of Satan. That he would have NO power or dominion here! That we would have favor from local, state and federal governments. Financial provision for building needs (God can do all things!) Ultrasound training for volunteer nurses. That our fundraisers would bring in the funding that would enable us to continue to shine our light for life here in Medina County.
• Thank you so much for your willingness to pray for me, Love INC, and everything we do. We are in a unique time and the needs in our community are at an overwhelming high. Please pray for us to be encouraged and trust that God will provide a way for Love INC to continue helping financially, physically, emotionally, and spiritually to those hurting and in need in our community.
• Pray for God to use his church to support foster and kinship families on the front lines of providing love and healing to children and youth in foster care. Pray for families in the church to step up to open their hearts and homes to children and youth in foster care in their communities. Pray for a growing coalition of churches in your community to partner together, making an exponential impact for the gospel in the foster care system. Pray for case workers, judges, law enforcement and others involved in the foster care system to have wisdom and insight as they deal with families in crisis. We are privileged to work alongside your church in this local mission field!
• Pray for our families and all the staff of our ministry that we would abide in Christ. Pray that our love would abound more and more with knowledge and all discernment as we look to the Lord for guidance.
DAY FIVE: Pray for the Next Generation
- Pray for the local school systems. Superintendents, principles, teachers, etc.
Highland, Wadsworth, Medina, Medina Christian Academy, Brunswick, Buckeye
• This week, our young people will be at summer camp. We have 40+ students going. This very much captures schools and next gen. Our young people have the greatest opportunity to lift the name of Jesus in the schools.
Local School Superintendants:
• Pray for our student’s safety through the summer and for a pandemic free and safe start to the school year. We are also working on hiring many new administrators in the district and are hoping to find outstanding student-centered leaders to take charge of several of our buildings.
• I appreciate keeping the employees (including me) and students of WCS in your prayers!
• Pray earnestly that God would raise up student, teacher and staff laborers for the harvest! – Matthew 9:38
• Pray for the youth attending the Summer Leader Conference – that it would set a fire in those to continue leading boldly for Christ! Pray that as they go out to their schools, they would be unashamed of the Gospel and God would move powerfully through him and the other leaders.
Week of Prayer
"Then Daniel praised the God of heaven 20 and said: “Praise be to the name of God for ever and ever; wisdom and power are his. 21 He changes times and seasons; he deposes kings and raises up others. He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. 22 He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in darkness, and light dwells with him. 23 I thank and praise you, God of my ancestors: You have given me wisdom and power, you have made known to me what we asked of you, you have made known to us the dream of the king."
— Daniel 2:19-23
If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him.
— James 1:5
I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people—2 for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. 3 This is good, and pleases God our Savior, 4 who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth.
— 1 Timothy 2:1-4
18 And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people. 19 Pray also for me, that whenever I speak, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel, 20 for which I am an ambassador in chains. Pray that I may declare it fearlessly, as I should.
— Ephesians 6:18-20
29 Now, Lord, consider their threats and enable your servants to speak your word with great boldness. 30 Stretch out your hand to heal and perform signs and wonders through the name of your holy servant Jesus.” 31 After they prayed, the place where they were meeting was shaken. And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and spoke the word of God boldly.
— Acts 4:29-31
8 Joshua son of Nun, the servant of the LORD, died at the age of a hundred and ten. 9 And they buried him in the land of his inheritance, at Timnath Heres in the hill country of Ephraim, north of Mount Gaash. 10 After that whole generation had been gathered to their ancestors, another generation grew up who knew neither the LORD nor what he had done for Israel. 11 Then the Israelites did evil in the eyes of the LORD and served the Baals. 12 They forsook the LORD, the God of their ancestors, who had brought them out of Egypt. They followed and worshiped various gods of the peoples around them.
— Judges 2:8-12