Watch this video from Senior Pastor of Grace Church, Jeff Bogue for some important updates about Grace Church in response to the stay-at-home order in Ohio.
On March 24, 2020 we made the difficult decision to suspend ALL Ohio in-person church services and programming until further notice. This was in response to Ohio Gov. DeWine’s order on large gatherings to help slow the spread of COVID-19 through social distancing.
Although the order does make an exception for religious activities, we wanted to come alongside our community to help in this effort.
Below you will find details on what that means for different ministries and groups as well as some answers to questions you might have.
GROUPS & CLASSES
- We are pausing all on-site and off-site groups and classes until further notice. (This includes all Life Groups, Classes, and Discovery (Intro and Equip).
- Even though we are pausing programming, we encourage you to pursue relationships and community in healthy and creative ways.
- Please contact your group or class leader with any questions you might have.
POWER Kids will not be meeting until further notice, but we still want to stay connected with you.
- Download the Parent Cue app for great resources for families, plus each weekend’s planned Bible Story.
- We will be sharing weekend experience content and resources from the POWER Kids team on the Medina East Campus website.
- Check out these additional resources:
- Student Ministries will not be meeting until further notice, but we still want to stay connected with you.
- Please check us out on Instagram (@gsm_medinaeast), Facebook (facebook.com/gsmmedinaeast) and YouTube Channel for different ways to stay connected.
- Students, during this time, we’d love to interact with you on our social channels, so please dialogue with us and connect with us there.
- If you are a student and you have a need arise, please email Dan Miller (email@example.com) or call our church office at 330-239-2600.
UNITED YOUNG ADULT MINISTRY
- United Young Adult Ministry will not be meeting until further notice, but we still want to stay connected with you.
- Follow the United Young Adult Ministry on Instagram (@united_mec) and get in a United GroupMe for updates, encouragement, sharing, and fun.
- We won’t be meeting in U-groups in person, but we will continue to stay connected through Bible reading plans and discussion.
- As we engage in the Bible reading plan, we encourage you to meet and discuss with your peers in safe, healthy, and creative ways.
- If you are a young adult and you have a need arise or want to get connected to United, please email DJ (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Collin (email@example.com) or call our church office at 330-239-2600.
GIVE IT AWAY
- MEC 2020 Mexico GO Team is working on rescheduling the trip as opposed to canceling. For questions contact Gwen at firstname.lastname@example.org
- MEC 2020 France GO Team scheduled for October is tentatively on track. For questions contact Keith at email@example.com
- 5&Change is on more than ever! We are tentatively still focusing on the May 2nd “Love Medina” initiative, but expanding Love Medina to meet more of the immediate and current needs of our community. Find out more: https://medinaeast.gracechurches.org/giveitaway/
- Love Medina. As we are trying to assess the actual needs of our community, we have made an application for those in our church and community leaders to provide us with details on needs as they arise. Please use THIS FORM as we are trying to address the needs of providing meals to students and families, groceries and supplies to elderly and sick, and other opportunities. For a full list of needs and other important information, go to the LOVE MEDINA PAGE.
- Give It Away is still on! Give it Away is not an event or program, it is a biblical philosophy of sharing the story and message of Jesus to others in our community and world. As followers of Jesus, this never ends, it just changes. Pray, give and go as a collective church, but also be the church in your own way in this time and any other time with wisdom and boldness!
CARE – NEED HELP?
Our Care Ministry is available and eager to help you. If you would like someone to call and pray with you, a pastor to talk to, or help connecting with the right resources, please fill out our Connect Card for the quickest response.
- If you have an urgent need, please call 330-239-2600 to speak with a pastor on call.
- We will not be able to do in-person hospital visits during this time. We will find other ways of supporting those that may have this need. Please fill out a Connect Card or call 330-239-2600.
- We are currently assessing this as the need arises.
WHAT DO I DO IF I NEED TO CONTACT A PASTOR, NEED PRAYER, OR HAVE ANY OTHER QUESTIONS?
- If you have non-urgent questions or needs please fill out our Connect Card for the quickest response.
- If you have an urgent need, please call 330-239-2600.
- We are pausing all programming until further notice. If you have any questions regarding reservations already made in our building please email firstname.lastname@example.org
HOW TO GIVE ONLINE
- Go to medinaeast.gracechurches.org/give
- Enter the amount you’d like to give
- Under “Campus” select “Grace Ohio – Medina East“
- For your regular tithe or offering, use the designation “General Fund-Medina East” (also available are options to designate your gift to HERE WE GO, 5 & Change and Camp Scholarships)
- Click on “Next” to fill in your payment information and then click “Submit“